iPage MySQL Database Tutorial
Making and developing a website is considered to be a complex task by new website owners. This makes the MySQL database feature practical for new website owners who want to have and manage blogs. The MySQL is used to control the contents or information on your website especially since you may be using more than one database.
Database management takes care of storing information for internet users. This is seen in Facebook where personal information as well as posted videos and photos are kept. It also includes the organization and display options of the email portion of your email accounts. Website owners who plan to keep their customer or user information as well as other database will need to install on the hosting account a database Management System. This enhances the use of a database in your website since it is available in iPage as MySQL.
MySQL is a Relational Database Management system (RDBMS) which is primarily used to create and manage a database. The MySQL is technically an interface between the raw data contained in the database and the website owner. This system allows the website owner to create, organize, modify and even delete the entry in the database.
MySQL is a comprehensive system since one can be used to create and process multiple tables, which includes records and entries of raw information. The raw information includes:
- all the users in the website
- their username
- the real names
- other pertinent information
Most web host developers have size or storage restrictions since the number of MySQL database needs to be limited. iPage on the other hand does not have storage restrictions since it offers unlimited MySQL database and storage capacity which is included in its basic package. iPage is considered to have a high score on database hosting since the current website owners perceive iPage to have a reliable database hosting service as well as being the fastest.
Advantages of iPage Database Hosting
- MySQL database is unlimited under iPage which is higher than the 200 to 2000 MySQL Database offered by other web host providers.
- The unlimited allowable database is considered favorable to website owners since information loss is minimized while the database is created.
- A web host provider that caps the database size will encounter problems in the future with regards to RDBM.
- The allowable number of database that can be created will limit the website’s operation and appeal.
- iPage has multiple high quality servers that allows the use of higher resources.
- iPage uses Dell Servers since it is considered as one of the best servers.
- Dell servers are primarily designed to handle high amounts of information.
- Dell servers use load balancing technology so that internet speed is not affected even with several website accounts.
- MySQL database is considered as a reliable database management system.
- The MySQL database is both user friendly and easy to use.
- MySQL is popular to web masters since they are widely used.
- Problems can be fixed with a lot of help from MySQL users since they share their knowledge and experience.
- MySQL is managed by phpMyAdmin under iPage.
- phpMyAdmin is a free PHP integrated application that is compatible to the iPage hosting account.
- phpMyAdmin can be used to control and manage MySQL Database while doing essential functions.
- phpMyAdmin is easy to use and learn.
- there are tutorials on how to manage MySQL database in the iPage website.
Essential functions While Controlling and Managing MySQL Database
- Import and export database and tables
- Create and delete database or tables
- Copying, inserting, modifying, renaming and deleting fields in the MySQL table or database